- When you begin scuba instruction, in addition to classroom or PADI e-learning work, you’ll be introduced to the gear and learn how to set it up and what each piece does.
- Your instructor will take the time to point out and explain each step you’re about to take underwater.
- Our instructors work with you at a speed that’s comfortable to you, making sure you master every skill.
- You’ll learn skills like clearing your ears and how to use your BC’s inflate/deflate valve.
- Pool sessions are part of diving training and will help you to get comfortable with breathing underwater.
- Once you’re comfortable, your instructor will have you attempt a surface swim while breathing through the reg.
- You’ll work to gain confidence as you get used to the gear, all while in the safe environment of a pool.
- You’ll be introduced to the concepts of neutral buoyancy and being properly weighted, so that you’ll be able to descend correctly.
- Once you’ve mastered all the skills and completed all the classroom or e-learning work, you’ll do your checkout dives!
We hope this list will help you feel a little more comfortable before getting into the water, UWS is committed to certifying safe and knowledgeable divers. As the diver you maintain a high level of responsibility for getting comfortable with the skills, gear, and procedures of scuba diving, but your instructor will guide you closely throughout the course. They will be by your side, assisting you, at every point during your training.
Check out our class calendar to find upcoming courses at a shop near you!